Are you ready to join us in winning real victories in 2018?
Planned Parenthood Advocates of Michigan would like to invite you to join us on May 19th for Fight Forward: Engaging, Training and Mobilizing Planned Parenthood’s Leaders! Fight Forward is a convening of Michigan’s most dedicated volunteers and activists. Together, we will train each other on different ways to empower and mobilize our supporter base for 2018 midterm election and 2018 Organizing Model. This is an opportunity that will allow our volunteers to meet each other from all around the state, and make everyone feel connected as one force that seeks to promote reproductive justice across the state. As a group, we will reaffirm our commitment to:
· Guarantee equitable access to safe and legal abortion, no matter the location
· Ensure access to sexual and reproductive healthcare for all
· Achieve high quality, inclusive sex education for all young people
· Build a powerful movement of strong, healthy communities
Fight Forward: Engaging, Training and Mobilizing Planned Parenthood’s Leaders
Click here to Register!
Cost: $10 registration fee to cover lunch
Saturday, May 19th
10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Kellogg Center, East Lansing
Rundown of Event:
10:00-11:00 AM- Registration opens, and volunteers will be free to mingle with other groups from other cities.
11:00-11:20 AM- Welcome from the Community Organizers; setting the stage and agenda for the day
11:20-11:35 AM- National landscape update and rallying cry from Congressman Dan Kildee
11:40-11:50 AM- Story presented by patient advocate
11:50 AM-12:00 PM- Final instructions from Community Organizers
12:10-1:30 PM- Breakout Session 1
1:45-3:00 PM- Breakout Session 2
3:10-3:40 PM- Regional Breakouts
3:40-4:00 PM- Closing program
Breakout Session Options:
1) Fingers on the Keys: Digital Organizing
2) Boots on the Ground: Campaigns, Canvassing, and Mini Van
3) Yell it from the Rooftops: Stories We Share
We can’t build a better Michigan without you. We hope to see you in Lansing on May 19th!